An Introduction into Environmental Law (2 Hours)
The Introduction to Environmental Law provides an outstanding way to come up to speed on the environmental laws and regulations you are responsible for. This dynamic and interactive 2 hour course provides you with the information needed to grasp the ins-and-outs of environmental laws. Instructors review the background of each environmental law/regulation, carry you into the specifics, and provide expert insights into how the laws and regulations may apply to your facility. The course covers a brief introduction of all major environmental laws and regulations such as the Clean Air Act (CAA), Clean Water Act (CWA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act (EPCRA), Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA), and Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA). If you are a seasoned veteran in the world of Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S), then this is an excellent refresher course to meet annual training needs.
After completing this course, student should be able to:
- Have a clear understanding of the environment and scope of environmental law.
- Gain insight into the major environmental laws and regulations.
- Discuss sources of environmental law and basic environmental law norms.
- Distinguish the various legal remedies available in law to ensure proper protection of environmental rights.
- Identify various levels for effective administration and implementation of environmental laws.
- Know the salient provisions of the framework legislation that govern the United States.
- Sort through complex laws and regulations
- Learn about lesser-known laws concerning PCBs, asbestos, lead, etc.