Underground Storage Tank (UST) Management (2 Hours)
This course offers a general review of the US laws & regulations on UST and regulations in terms of Underground storage tanks that leak hazardous substances. This module is designed to familiarize you with the universe of regulated USTs, and the technical and financial requirements that apply to them. The course also focuses on petroleum equipment, rules and responsibility of facility, and best management practice in case of leak or release.
After reading this module, students should be able to:
- Define UST and UST system
- Identify which USTs are subject to regulation
- Determine performance and operating requirements
- Discuss such topics as historical deadlines for upgrading tanks and the closure and corrective action requirements
- Summarize the financial responsibility requirements for petroleum USTs
- Perform Best Management practice
- Learn the guidelines for Inspecting and Detecting a leak or release.