Introduction to Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) (2 Hours)
This course offers a general review of the US laws & regulations on FIFRA and regulations in terms of regulatory scope, implementation schedules, and compliance requirements. It is designed for professionals involved in all aspects of FIFRA in both manufacture and/or applications of these products. This training will be benefit those in the chemical, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, food and other consumer products industries. It provides a review of the federal pesticide laws and regulations including FIFRA. Discussions will include how these relevant laws and regulations interact, the current integrated pesticide management program, registration requirements, compliance and enforcement.
This course also briefly reviews the labeling aspects of many of the major regulatory requirements. Major emphasis will be placed on industry standards.
- Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the legal framework and scope of the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA)
- Review relevant statutes affecting the use of biocides & preservatives in general consumer products
- Review how relevant statutes affect and interact with the federal pesticide programs
- Analyze the requirements in terms of efficacy, environmental assessment, ecotoxicology and toxicology
- Identify tools to formulate regulatory compliance strategies